Saturday 13 February 2010

Be careful what you wish for.... Part 1/3

I remember watching Aladdin when I was just a kid and thinking how cool it would be to have a genie. A magical being that would give you three wishes. I often pondered about what I would wish for, and was always equally frustrated because of the limit of only three wishes. Yet with age comes wisdom. And wishes can just as well be a curse as it can be a blessing. Considering it a bit more, I’d say it would be a curse more often than a blessing. Since we rarely take the time to find out about the side effects of our "dreams and wishes" before we want to set them in motion.





For example, the student who wants to become a doctor might not think about the hard education they would have to go through. Or someone who's always wanted a child might not consider the hardships of sleepless nights and hiding things with pointy ends.





When I started this blog I mentioned something about getting a life so I have things to talk about. Well... Be careful with what you wish for...





I've had quite an intense week now. And I'm feeling quite tired. I haven't done things I should have done, and... Well guess we should take it one step at a time.



Last weekend



Laser cat was supposed to come visit me and spend the night here. The plan was to head out to the clubs and to a friend’s party and just have some fun. But, Lazer cat is not like other girls.



She's a nice person, and fun to hang out with. But, she has some issues that make her not the optimal friend to have around. She has a tendency to hide from people, panic and run away. We can talk for a few days, no problem. I ask her if she wants to hang out and she'd reply that she would love to. We can talk up until the night before we are supposed to meet. No problem, plan's the same. But the next day. She would panic, feel bad, start hating and being angry at herself and start ignoring me. Refusing to answer her phone, or contact me. Just simply ignore me until the day has gone by. No message no nothing. Just hide and try to avoid me.



That's what she did this time. I sent her a text Saturday morning, when I didn't get a reply I knew what was going on. I called her once as well, but no Answer. It's frustrating since I did prepare for her visit. Dinner, got tickets for a uni party later that evening, got something to drink. I have got used to her panic attacks, and I can understand that people do something’s and can't help it.



But



Not contacting me pisses me off. People should at least have the decency of telling someone "I can't do this today, sorry". Is that really too much to ask for? Just send a text, or call me (even better). Takes you 3 min, and saves me hours of wondering.



Me and LC don't hang out all too often (for obvious reasons I guess) And the reason why we were to meet last weekend was because she's moving to England at the end of the month. So it was pretty much supposed to be goodbye. If we leave Saturday for a bit now, I'll explain how the next few days looked like.



I called her a few times over the next few days. This Friday I decided to send a text instead.



"So how long are you planning on ignoring me? Coffee in Norrkoping someday next week? If it's easier for you"



Got a reply last Friday from her. (Some part might be lost in translation, but bear with me)



"Cat turner. Potatoes. Frrrrrrrr. Etc. Feeling like shit. But sorry for being such an ass >: Maybe I'll improve. I'm home next week. Parva"



We'll see what happens next week! I'll keep you updated.

More things happened that night, but I’ll divide up the posts since they are quite rich. Later tonight I'll try and explain the rest of the evening I had with Raphs alternative to entertainment for the night.

Much Love

-L

PS. Sorry once again for the long non posts! And that I missed TMI Thursday last week, I’ll try and bring out something REALLY embarrassing for this week

No comments:

Post a Comment